Journal #10

How was the recent holiday?

I celebrate Easter, and this past one felt very strange. In my family, we don’t usually do a lot or see tons of family, just me, my parents, my siblings, and my grandparents. We eat at the big fancy table that we only set and sit at three times a year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. I actually live with my grandparents, but they have been understandably very hesitant to spend time around us. This year they didn’t come down to eat with us and I realized it was the first time we had sat at that table without them. It was a sad realization, but we’re still grateful that we get to still be near them, even if we don’t have much interaction.

Comments

  1. I also celebrate easter and it was totally different for me too. I'm sorry that your family wasn't all able to come together and I totally understand how weird that feels because I usually celebrate easter with my family too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I argree, easter felt very weird this year. My experience was different from yours but it was still not what I was use to and it felt very off. Everyone keeps saying that this whole experience is suppose to bring your family together but some days it feels like the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, It was really weird not being able to spend this Easter with my family. This is the first time I was not with my extended family. It feels like this virus is brining us together spiritually, but separating us physically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. My family and I could not celebrate Easter our traditional way with cousins, aunts and uncles not sitting at the table with us. This year my siblings weren’t even at the dinner table as they are both still at school. However, even though my family and I couldn’t celebrate the way we would have liked I think that my family has made more of an effort to reach out to those who we have not seen. So in a way we are still connected to those who we cannot see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race, the Son of Racism

Values in Winnetka